Versatility of Porcelain Veneers
Do you want white teeth that are properly shaped and aligned? If you want to improve the appearance of your smile, maybe you'd like to try porcelain veneers!
More On Veneers
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain covers cemented to the exterior surface of your teeth. They are strong and don't stain like natural tooth enamel. Your doctor actually removes some enamel off the surface of your natural teeth before bonding the veneers. This part of the procedure nonreversible, but aligns veneers with the rest of your natural teeth.
In recent years, technology has created veneers thin enough to be placed on existing tooth surface. This natural-looking restoration improves many aesthetic issues:
- Say goodbye to stained teeth: Teeth stain over time. It results from drinking coffee and tea, eating staining foods like blueberries, smoking or chewing tobacco, or old age.
- Eliminate too much space between teeth: Your Fayetteville dentist uses veneers to close small gaps between teeth and can even correct slight alignment issues.
- Don't deal with peculiarly shaped and abnormally sized teeth: Teeth-grinding, everyday wear and tear, or naturally pegged teeth are hidden when you use veneers that are shaped the way you want: squarer, rounder, smaller, or taller.
How to Care for Veneers
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Get professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque.
- Visit your Fayetteville dentist twice a year for regular checkups.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
Want to learn more about veneers? Call Dr. Jeff Kendrick of Heritage Dental Associates in Fayetteville, Georgia at (770) 460-9795 for more information!